Mr. Jeffrey Breloski has practiced law for a decade. He focuses on patent and trade secret litigation involving the electrical, mechanical, medical device and pharmaceutical arts. Jeff also assists corporate and individual clients on all matters related to intellectual property including trademark and patent prosecution. He creates long-term strategies with client's IP portfolios including licensing and development.
Jeff counsels clients with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. Additionally, he has navigated clients through re-examination proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Breloski also has an active trademark prosecution practice.
Jeff was a Major in the United States Army and served 14 years before being honorably discharged in 2011. While attending West Point, Cadet Breloski designed, fabricated and tested a continuous wave, erbium doped, fiber laser. His research was published, and he was invited to present his findings at the National Conference for Undergraduate Research. With his successes, the U.S. Army selected him for a fully-funded legal program, which he earned joint degrees in law and engineering in three years.
University of Florida, 2005 Juris Doctor (J.D.) with honors
The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School,
2009 Master of Law (LL.M.)
Under Grad / Grad School
United States Military Academy,
1997 Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.)
2001 Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
University of Florida,
2004 Master of Engineering (M.E.) Chi Epsilon
After completing law school, Jeff served as a senior trial attorney and then chief of litigation for the U.S. Army, supervising and training individual attorneys as well as full trial teams. In these capacities, Jeff investigated, prepared, negotiated and prosecuted more than 50 criminal cases and tried a dozen jury trials in the United States and abroad.
Qualifications & Awards
• United States Patent and Trademark Office patent attorney, registration #60952.
• Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated
AV Preeminent® in Intellectual Property, Litigation and Patents.
• Martindale-Hubbell® Overall Client Rating
5.0 Preeminent in Intellectual Property, Contracts and Criminal Law.
• Martindale-Hubbell® Platinum Client Champion.
• Named, Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014, 2015.
• Named, Lawyers of Color's Hot List, 2013.
• Honored, Georgia Trend Legal Elite, 2012, 2013.
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
licensed N.Y. Intern Engineer.
• Qualified as a Certified Criminal Justice Practitioner in the
Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
• Gained Top Secret Security Clearance with access to
Sensitive Compartmented Information.
• Earned several awards and badges for service and deployments to
Afghanistan, Kuwait, Nigeria, and Guyana.